How to build a deck step by step – Build a roof over a porch or deck of a house Step by step Difficulty Media I discuss it.
Build a roof over a porch or deck of a house Decks or porches are for enjoying the outdoors, entertaining friends and family or to escape from everyday life for a few hours. Unfortunately, bad weather can put a damper on that enjoyment. However, building a simple structure for the cover itself can significantly increase the number of days for which you can enjoy. This article describes the steps to build a simple but effective ceiling on its cover. The roof that is described in this article is known as a roof “hut” and can be linked directly to the roof of the house or can exist as an independent unit.
Instructions how to build a deck step by step
- Build the roof frame on the floor. Make a frame-sized box of external dimensions of your platform using wood 5×10 inches. Then run the rafters every two meters along the ceiling to connect the front of the roof to the rear.
- Ate existing ceiling poles by extending their corner posts with wood 10×10. Make the front of the roof of the ceiling height of the house, with a posterior slope at a distance of 15 centimeters.
- Lift the box frame you built in step 1, the four corner posts and fixed with screws. When the box frame is safe, install wood on top of the frame to provide a flat surface on which to nail the tin.
- Install tar paper on sub-ceiling plywood and then go to the fixing of tin roofs down.
- Ate the tin roof on the existing roof with metal flashing available at any home supply store. This will ensure a watertight seal at the junction of the roof of the house to the roof deck.
- To read more articles like build a roof over a porch or deck of a house, we recommend you enter our category of build and design things from home.
Thanks you’re visiting and reading our post how to build a deck step by step.