Kitchen valances – The kitchen is often the most comfortable room in the house and used. Adequate screening for the windows of your kitchen can add a charm to the environment. According to experts, a cotton fabric and polyester may be the best option for curtains that are likely to be washed more often than the others existing in the house.
The draped curtain is also a popular option for the kitchen. Just like kitchen valances, they cover the top of the window, but differ by falling from the sides, usually to the bottom of the window. It’s a great choice for anyone who wants to let the light in but does not want to worry about open curtains every morning. However, do not offer privacy. Some people choose to put blinds underneath.
A valance is a curtain often used in rooms where it is required or desired decor minimal. The term valance originated in the fifteenth century in the city of Valence, France, known for the production of cloth. Sew a border of simple kitchen is little more than a hem in a box and make a curtain rod. With some skills for sewing machine and an afternoon, you can make kitchen valances fabric you prefer.
- Fold all edges of the fabric twice to the wrong side of the fabric, creating a hem 1 inch (2.5 cm) on all four edges. Click the fabric with pins to stay in place.
- Sew on the machine straight stitch leaving a seam allowance of 1/2 inch (1.25 cm) between pins. Remove the pins as you go sewing.
- Pick one of the edges of 62 inches (1.55 m) to be the top of the valance. Fold the edge down three inches (7.6 cm) on the wrong side and pricked with pins.
- Sew on the machine straight stitch along the line of pins that cross the border into a tube to pass the curtain rod. This is a tunnel or hole in the fabric through which the sliding curtain. Remove the pins.
- Measuring two inches (5 cm) from the seam line and stuck with pins. This will be the bottom of the tube for passing the bar.
- Sew across the border into the machine straight stitch along the line of pins that cross the border and remove them.
- Iron valance.
- Slide the bar through the tube. This is one of the panels of the frieze. If you have a window that is wider than 30 or 32 inches (75 to 80 cm) pelmets you need to do more to achieve sufficient size. When they are flat and extended, the borders should measure twice the width of the window.
9. Hang on bar supports previously kitchen valances installed.